Oh wow! What an honor to be nominated for the Liebster Award. To all of you that do not know what this is, be sure to check out The Global Aussie and how it all began.
Liebster Award 2018
So how does the Liebster Award work?
So here I go. The rules ,more or less, are as follows;
- Do a shout out and thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Tell more about your favorite blogger.
- Give 10 quirky or random facts about yourself
- Provide an answer for each of the questions provided by your nominator.
- Nominate 5 to 11 blogs that deserve to win the Liebster Award
- Answer your own questions
- Tell the nominated bloggers of the nomination
- Be sure to check out The Global Aussie and notify them
This is going to be great fun!
First a thank you
So a big shout out to Travel Plans for Miss Fancy Pants! Thank you for the nomination and great blog. Miss Fancypants is the creator is the ever-pink, vibrant and fun-as-hell Travel Plans for Miss Fancypants. After having read a few of her posts I was left gasping for breath after a serious laughing session.
From her honest, and appreciated, opinion on Tourist vs Travelers to one of her very first posts on Solo Travel, Miss Fancy Pants remains true and is a no BS kinda girl. Be sure to check out her blog!
Even though he did not start out as a blogger and more a YouTuber, Life of Jord was what started it all. I watched one of his first videos and it ignited a fire in my heart that was fueled by the drive to travel. Jordan Simons has a blog now called Travel Continuously. Even though I do not read it too often, I still enjoy his posts and videos and I regularly drop in to see what’s new. I think the main reason that I enjoy his videos and content so much is that I started watching from the very start, before he was a big YouTuber and I watch as his audience grew.
I actually mentioned him in my piece about people that inspired me to travel.
Random Facts About Me
- I am a lefty! Yes, I know I am that amazing.
- In school my top 3 choices for a career was an engineer, writer and chef.
- If I could have any power, I would choose telekinesis. Imagine what you could do!
- I am not a big fan of comedies because pretending to me funny does not amuse me, I prefer random funny events that just happen without any planning.
- I grew up in Botswana
- My love for sticky notes is intense!!!
- I’m always writing something down. Notes, stories, depressing poems, everything.
- I am busy working on a novel
- My daily existential crisis usually starts at 7 in the morning and ends at about 5 in the afternoon.
- My mind runs a million miles an hour! It starts off thinking of a white cup, then of milk cause it’s white, then cows, then farms, then old McDonald had a farm then naturally I think of burgers, then I overthink the idea of eating meat and so it goes, ALL day long.
Questions from Miss Fancypants
If you could pick any character from any TV-show or a movie to travel with you, who would it be?
My very first choice would be one of the dragons from Game of Thrones, more specifically Drogon. I love dragons!
Think about your best travel memory. Do you have a certain song that always takes you back there?
Just before my first trip to Ireland I was listening to Tom Odell a lot. Supposed To Be by Tom Odell is a song that throws me back to Ireland and the amazing solo trip I had. Whenever the song plays I become extremely nostalgic and my heart longs for the cold, wet Irish weather.
What is the best place/best way to meet new people while traveling solo?
The kitchen in a hostel. I have met SO MANY people in the kitchen of a hostel and I have remained friends with them for a long time.
What advice would you give to someone who’s never traveled ANYWHERE before but would like to start exploring the world?
Buy that plane ticket, take the chance and stay open minded. Our expectations of a place are always crushed by the reality of a place, but in a good way.
Have you ever struggled with something but survived as a winner? Conquered a fear? Gotten more confident with something? What would you say to someone who’s going through something similar?
Push through it. Some things just happen that are out of our control but it will come to an end, just push through it.
Aladdin calls you and tells you can borrow his magic carpet for the weekend. Where’d you go?
Oh wow! Everywhere. I would start with coffee in Seattle, then brunch in New York. Afternoon tea in London, late afternoon snack in Marrakesh and then dinner in Italy. And late night drink on an island in Greece or Thailand.
This is becoming intense!
Aladdin finally brings you the magic carpet and to your surprise Genie tags along. He’s in a super friendly mood and offers you three wishes. What are your wishes?
This question is not at all new to me and I have had elaborate situations in my mind about my wishes, so here it goes;
First wish – to live forever without suffering from diseases, decay, injury and the passing of time.
Second wish – have an unlimited supply of money to indulge in travel forever.
Third wish – to never have to sleep and never be tired and to have unlimited stamina.
What superpower would you have if you could choose and why?
Telekinesis. So much is possible with telekinesis and it would overpower almost all other powers. I am certain that with proper training you would be able to manipulate matter, energy and even time.
If there was a movie about your life, who’d play you and what would the movie be called?
Jack Black would probably be the actor and the name would be something along the lines of A Life of Contradictions.
Last question: Say something wonderful and uplifting to your readers.
Do what you love and work hard! I know it has become cliche but I believe in this above all. If I go for too long without writing I become depressed and despondent, writing is the one thing I love doing above all.
So I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Awards;
- I recently watched Eat, Pray, Love and I thought of what word describes me. So what word describes you? What word to you feel a connection to?
- Would you like to live forever?
- If you could come back to earth after you die, to do it all again but with different outcomes, would you come back?
- Are you a rainy or sunny weather person? Why?
- Which country best suits your personality?
- What is the scariest and most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
- When was the last time that you simply experienced the present moment? Just sitting, breathing and experiencing the moment.
- Have you ever thought how strange laughing actually is? You breath out excessively and make strange noises.
- If you could be the master of one skill group, an example could be languages, music, maths, which skill group would you choose?
- Last but not least, and not really a question, but do something small for someone you see in the next few days.
An End to the Fun
This was a great post to do and I really had a lot of fun! I hope to be part of the awards again next year and to nominate even more amazing people!
Thanks for reading and remember to like and follow my travel blog.